The Ladybug Transistor
0 Shouts - 692,153 Scrobbles
The Ladybug Transistor is an indie pop band from Brooklyn, NY associated with The Elephant 6 Collective.Read More...
The band was started in 1995 by Gary Olson, Edward Powers and Javier Villegas with an album called "Marlborough farms". Adding and subtracting a couple of members they have recorded five albums since then:
With Jeff Baron and Jennifer Baron added to the lineup they released Beverley Atonale in 1997.
Powers left the band, and the remaining members, with San Fadyl and Sasha Bell of The Essex Green and solo act Finishing School, embarked on a United States tour.
With a more stable lineup, the band released The Albemarle Sound in 1999, as well as added violinist Julia Rydholm, also of The Essex Green, to the lineup. In 2001, Argyle Heir was released, and the band released a self-titled album in 2003, which was recorded in their own Marlborough Farms studio.
In April 2006, Fadyl began fighting serious asthma attacks. On the 26th of April 2007, he passed away due to one such attack.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Always On The Telephone - 32,222 plays
- Here Comes The Rain - 22,128 plays
- Clutching Stems - 21,019 plays
- Oceans in the Hall - 25,155 plays
- Three Days From Now - 16,181 plays
- Like a Summer Rain - 21,573 plays
- Meadowport Arch - 19,500 plays
- Six Times - 18,624 plays
- Song for the Ending Day - 14,402 plays
- I'm Not Mad Enough - 14,602 plays