0 Shouts - 102,020,164 Scrobbles
There are two musical groups with the name The Kooks:Read More...
1. British indie rock band - formed in Brighton, England, United Kingdom in 2004. The band currently consists of Luke Pritchard (vocals, guitar), Hugh Harris (guitar), Peter Denton (bass) and Nick Millard (drums). Nick is currently filling in for Paul Garred due to a recent arm injury. They have released three studio albums; their 2006 debut Inside In/Inside Out peaked at number two on the UK Albums Chart, and their 2008 follow up Konk reached number one. The Junk Of The Heart (Happy) Songfacts reports that Pritchard found himself writing lyrics containing a lot of emotional drama for their third album and the phrase ‘junk of the heart’ kept coming back to him. Junk Of The Heart was released September 12, 2011.
The Kooks formed at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music, where they were all students. Lead singer and rhythm guitarist Luke Pritchard, got bassist Max Rafferty involved in a college project, which formed the base of the band. After getting lead guitarist Hugh Harris and drummer Paul Garred involved, they took their name from the song Kooks on the 1971 David Bowie album Hunky Dory. When they tried to trademark the name, they found that in the late/mid 1990s a Swedish band by the same name released an album in Sweden called Too Much is Not Enough.
The Kooks released a debut EP and played gigs around Brighton, where they were based at the time. They were signed to Virgin Records.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm not saying it your fault
Although you could have done more
Oh, you're so naive, yet so
How could this be done?
By such a smiling sweetheart
- She Moves in Her Own Way - 6,169,788 plays
- Seaside - 5,767,939 plays
- Ooh La - 5,562,553 plays
- Always Where I Need to Be - 4,137,262 plays
- Sofa Song - 3,597,022 plays
- You Don't Love Me - 3,182,926 plays
- See the World - 3,114,851 plays
- Eddie's Gun - 2,739,388 plays
- Shine On - 2,454,473 plays