The Knife in Collaboration with Mt. Sims and Planningtorock
197 Shouts - 323,203 Scrobbles
Commissioned by Danish performance group Hotel Pro Forma to write the music for their opera based on Charles Darwin and his book ‘On the Origin of Species’, The Knife decided to make this a collaborative process, working with artists Mt. Sims & Planningtorock for the first time, to capture the huge width of the Darwin and evolution theme. They extensively researched Darwin related literature and articles, with Olof attending a field recording workshop in the Amazon to find inspiration and to record sounds.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Epochs - (5:43) - 786 plays
- Colouring of Pigeons - (10:58) - 862 plays
- The Height Of Summer - (3:47) - 446 plays
- Ebb Tide Explorer - (7:05) - 291 plays
- Intro - (4:31) - 236 plays
- Seeds - (9:00) - 308 plays
- Geology - (4:24) - 248 plays
- Upheaved - (3:02) - 218 plays
- Annie's Box (alt. vocal) - (4:53) - 128 plays
- Annie's Box - (4:28) - 151 plays