The Knickerbockers were an American pop/rock band best remembered by their 1966 hit 'Lies'. The band was formed in 1964 in Bergenfield, New Jersey by Buddy Randell (lead vocals and saxophone), Jimmy Walker (drums), and brothers Beau Charles (guitar/vocals) and John Charles(bass/vocals). The Knickerbockers were discovered in Albany, New York by Jerry Fuller and signed to Challenge Records. In 1966, The Knickerbockers released their only Top 20 hit with the song 'Lies'. The Knickerbockers soon followed up with the single 'One Track Mind' yet never found the same success as Lies'.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lies - (2:43) - 7,559 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:33) - 1,114 plays
- LyricsHigh on love
You say you'd never try it
'Cause it's, oh, so wrong
You say you can resist it
'Cause you're, oh, so strong
- Lies (Are Breaking My Heart) - (2:44) - 94 plays
- All Day And All Of The Night - (2:28) - 72 plays
- I Can Do It Better - (2:22) - 54 plays
- Just One Girl - (2:07) - 44 plays
- Stick With Me - (2:32) - 34 plays
- I Must Be Doing Something Right - (2:38) - 32 plays
- One Track Mind - (2:20) - 19 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online