The Jimi Hendrix Experience
1,607 Shouts - 31,474,002 Scrobbles
The Jimi Hendrix Experience was a short-lived, yet highly influential rock band famous for the guitar work of Jimi Hendrix (1942– 1970) on songs such as Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, Hey Joe, Voodoo Child (Slight Return) and All Along the Watchtower. Rounding out the Experience were Noel Redding (1945–2003) and Mitch Mitchell (1947–2008) on bass and drums respectively. Hendrix arrived in England in October 1966, and auditions were launched to find him a backing band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsPurple Haze all in my brain,
Lately things don't seem the same,
Actin' funny but I don't know why
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Purple Haze all around,
- All Along the Watchtower - (3:58) - 37,079 plays
- LyricsHey Joe, where you goin' with that gun of your hand
Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that gun in your hand, oh
I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady
You know I caught her messin' 'round with another man
Yeah, I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady
- LyricsWell she's walking through the clouds
With a circus mind
That's running wild
Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams
And fairly tales
Now dig this, baby
You don't care for me
I don'-a care about that
Gotta new fool, ha!
- Manic Depression - (3:42) - 18,261 plays
- The Wind Cries Mary - (3:20) - 19,270 plays
- Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - (5:12) - 19,865 plays
- Crosstown Traffic - (2:19) - 16,334 plays
- Red House - (12:06) - 14,257 plays