The Jimi Hendrix Experience
1,587 Shouts - 29,740,441 Scrobbles
The Jimi Hendrix Experience was a short-lived, yet highly influential rock band famous for the guitar work of Jimi Hendrix (1942– 1970) on songs such as Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, Hey Joe, Voodoo Child (Slight Return) and All Along the Watchtower. Rounding out the Experience were Noel Redding (1945–2003) and Mitch Mitchell (1947–2008) on bass and drums respectively. Hendrix arrived in England in October 1966, and auditions were launched to find him a backing band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Purple Haze - (4:18) - 98,332 plays
- All Along the Watchtower - (3:58) - 103,515 plays
- Hey Joe - (6:22) - 87,431 plays
- Little Wing - (2:25) - 66,498 plays
- Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - (5:12) - 55,347 plays
- Fire - (2:47) - 51,454 plays
- The Wind Cries Mary - (3:20) - 50,981 plays
- Crosstown Traffic - (2:19) - 41,901 plays
- Manic Depression - (3:42) - 36,198 plays
- Foxey Lady - (3:18) - 34,000 plays