The Irresistible Force
29 Shouts - 445,801 Scrobbles
Born in Brighton, UK, the original "King of Chillout," Mixmaster Morris makes music under the name "The Irresistible Force." He started DJing in the 80s on pirate radio, and by 1988 was putting on acid house parties in London. Two successful ambient albums for Rising High raised his profile, and he began playing internationally. With his columns in Mixmag and NME he introduced the world to artists like Orbital, Aphex Twin, Global Communications, Black Dog and Squarepusher (all of whom he gave their first press coverage).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Lie-In King - (7:44) - 1,513 plays
- Nepalese Bliss - (7:47) - 1,116 plays
- Power - (8:37) - 791 plays
- Fish Dances - (9:29) - 559 plays
- Another Tomorrow - (6:36) - 532 plays
- Playing Around With Sound - (6:20) - 465 plays
- 12 O'Clock - (8:14) - 354 plays
- Its Tomorrow Already - (8:51) - 353 plays
- It's Tomorrow Already - (4:53) - 307 plays
- 12 O' Clock - (8:15) - 368 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online