The Holy Modal Rounders
24 Shouts - 258,989 Scrobbles
The Holy Modal Rounders were an American folk music duo from the Lower East Side started in the early 1960s, consisting of Peter Stampfel and Steve Weber. Stampfel explained the origin of their name in the webzine Perfect Sound Forever: "We kept changing the name. First it was the Total Quintessence Stomach Pumpers. Then the Temporal Worth High Steppers. Then The Motherfucker Creek Babyrapers. That was just a joke name. He was Rinky-Dink Steve the Tin Horn and I was Fast Lightning Cumquat. He was Teddy Boy Forever and I was Wild Blue Yonder.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- If You Want To Be A Bird - (2:38) - 903 plays
- My Mind Capsized - (2:46) - 333 plays
- Bird Song - (2:39) - 373 plays
- Euphoria - (2:27) - 335 plays
- Werewolf - (3:40) - 255 plays
- Interlude - (0:48) - 190 plays
- One Will Do For Now - (1:22) - 191 plays
- Take-Off Artist Song - (2:36) - 194 plays
- If You Want To Be A Bird (Bird Song) - (2:40) - 203 plays
- Dame Fortune - (2:56) - 199 plays