4 Shouts - 40,079 Scrobbles
The Hi-Lo's were a successful a cappella quartet formed in 1953. They named themselves the "Hi-Lo's" to emphasize their collective vocal range. The group consisted of:
Gene Puerling, bass-baritone, arranger and leader
Bob Strasen, baritone
Bob Morse, baritone and occasional soloist
Clark Burroughs, tenor The Hi-Lo's tower among the most innovative and influential close harmony quartets of the postwar era, expanding the parameters of traditional pop via sophisticated, jazz-inspired arrangements that profoundly shaped the rock & roll generation who followed in the group's wake.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Of Thee I Sing - (2:38) - 144 plays
- April Snow - (3:06) - 54 plays
- One Note Samba (Samba De Uma Nota So) - 34 plays
- Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries - (2:22) - 28 plays
- You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby - (2:15) - 30 plays
- The Duck - (2:10) - 30 plays
- Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - (4:26) - 16 plays
- My Sugar Is So Refined - (2:29) - 20 plays
- Too Young For The Blues - (2:08) - 15 plays
- Shadow Waltz - (2:55) - 17 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online