The Heath Brothers
2 Shouts - 14,057 Scrobbles
The Heath Brothers was a jazz group formed in 1975 by brothers Jimmy (tenor saxophone), Percy (bass), and Albert "Tootie" Heath (drums) and pianist Stanley Cowell. Tony Purrone (guitar) and Jimmy's son Mtume (percussion) joined the group later. Tootie left in 1978 and was replaced by Akira Tana for a short period of time before Tootie returned in 1982. They also added other sidemen for some of their recording dates.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Our Little Town - (7:07) - 94 plays
- Smilin' Billy Suite Part II - (4:24) - 76 plays
- Smilin' Billy Suite Part I - (6:01) - 69 plays
- Tafadhali - (3:21) - 45 plays
- Warm Valley - 93 plays
- The Watergate Blues - (5:48) - 35 plays
- Longravity - (4:07) - 29 plays
- Smilin' Billy Suite Part III - (3:25) - 34 plays
- smiling billy suite pt 2 - 28 plays
- Smilin' Billy Suite Part IV - (4:35) - 28 plays