The Happy Couple
0 Shouts - 23,683 Scrobbles
Founded 2001 in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, Germany as DJ outfit. Moved to Hamburg in 2003/03, started their own record label Félicité Singles Club and released singles by Simon Fisher Turner AKA The King of Luxembourg, Roy Moller, The Catalysts. DJed at "How Does it Feel To Be Loved" in London in June 2003.Read More...
The Happy Couple released their debut ep (The Four Seasons EP) on Félicité in October 2003 and played their first gig in Athens, Greece in Janaury 2004. In the same year they played shows in Italy, Sweden, Denmark and Germany.
March 2005 saw the release of their 2nd ep, Fools In Love, on the US label Matinée Recordings. This EP was recorded and produced by The Void (Glasgow's multitalents Ulric Kennedy and Dannie Vallely) and features Roy Moller as special guest musician.
Their latest single release is entitled "Song For The Troubadour" and features Belle & Sebastian's Stevie Jackson on harmonica. Furthermore, it features a remix by Hamburg's Erobique (International Pony).
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Another Sunny Day - 5,627 plays
- Don't Call It - 1,848 plays
- Hopeless Case - 2,318 plays
- Song for the Troubadour - 1,545 plays
- The Pop Kid - 2,241 plays
- Boyfriend of the Week - 2,197 plays
- French Cinema Summer Love - 1,447 plays
- All The Time - 1,030 plays
- Treason - 958 plays
- The dream inspires - 809 plays