The Good Life
273 Shouts - 4,517,520 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with this name:
--- The Good Life started out as a means for Tim Kasher to use a songwriting approach that differed from his other projects (namely, Cursive), but it didn’t take long for the solo project to become a band, and for that band to finally come into its own. The Good Life’s sound has evolved from the refined, quiet pop of the first full-length, Novena on a Nocturn, to the moody hooks of 2002’s Black Out, to the sing-along anthems of divorce and disillusionment found on the recent Lovers Need Lawyers EP.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Album of the Year - (5:10) - 5,665 plays
- Inmates - (9:39) - 2,560 plays
- LyricsI swear to speak the whole truth, nothing but the truth oh, so help me God, I wasn't cheating on you. Yeah I've got a spotty record, but I've been renewed. If you can't believe me then what's to believe? Once you lose the trust you lose sincerity. I'm sick and tired of acting sincere to your accusing eyes and ears.
Oh, lovers need lawyers; all that I'm screaming's being held against me. well, You're judge and jury, so hang me or take me for all I am worth better or worse.
Yeah, I was drinking. Yeah, she was drinking there too, and, yeah, we made a connection we came from the same neighborhood. But, surely you can't charge me for that, that's merely fact merely coincidence. So, there we were, outlasting the last call. We took a cab to Iowa for more alcohol.
Yeah, we crossed the river alone; I also went home alone.
Oh lovers need lawyers. We're talking in circles, but missing the meaning of the reason we're fighting: you just want to make the best me that you can. All I am take me for all I am worth. Take me for all I am.
- Under a Honeymoon - (4:52) - 1,955 plays
- Night and Day - (3:29) - 2,101 plays
- Heartbroke - (1:56) - 2,451 plays
- You're Not You - (5:38) - 1,545 plays
- You're No Fool - (3:50) - 1,383 plays
- Notes in His Pockets - (3:43) - 1,395 plays
- October Leaves - (4:57) - 1,272 plays