The Good Life
272 Shouts - 4,470,969 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with this name:
--- The Good Life started out as a means for Tim Kasher to use a songwriting approach that differed from his other projects (namely, Cursive), but it didn’t take long for the solo project to become a band, and for that band to finally come into its own. The Good Life’s sound has evolved from the refined, quiet pop of the first full-length, Novena on a Nocturn, to the moody hooks of 2002’s Black Out, to the sing-along anthems of divorce and disillusionment found on the recent Lovers Need Lawyers EP.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Album of the Year - (5:10) - 5,784 plays
- Lovers Need Lawyers - (2:38) - 2,933 plays
- Heartbroke - (1:56) - 2,929 plays
- Inmates - (9:39) - 2,978 plays
- LyricsI know a girl with cuts on her legs. I think that she hates the way she was made, but we never spoke of why they were there, I just squeezed them and kissed them 'til we both felt a bit better.
And now I've returned to the town where she dwells; that small lonely cabin her grandfather built, I suppose that's where she's imprisoned herself, to write all those words she's too scared to tell - those sad, short stories of a girl curled up in her shell.
Night and day she tends to the bar. She pours the drinks, they pour out their hearts. All that sorrow and alcohol weighs hard on her thoughts, so she writes them down....she loves them all.
And when we'd make love she'd stare in my eyes.... I swore we had met a thousand times. Thousands of lives, thousands of nights.... She'd written of it a thousand lines.
Night and day she tends to her bar. She pours me a drink for my parched heart. All my sorrow's in alcohol... she holds up the cup to my cracked lips for a kiss.
- Under a Honeymoon - (4:52) - 2,217 plays
- You're Not You - (5:38) - 1,799 plays
- October Leaves - (4:57) - 1,626 plays
- Notes in His Pockets - (3:43) - 1,692 plays
- You're No Fool - (3:50) - 1,551 plays