The Good Life
273 Shouts - 4,516,762 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with this name:
--- The Good Life started out as a means for Tim Kasher to use a songwriting approach that differed from his other projects (namely, Cursive), but it didn’t take long for the solo project to become a band, and for that band to finally come into its own. The Good Life’s sound has evolved from the refined, quiet pop of the first full-length, Novena on a Nocturn, to the moody hooks of 2002’s Black Out, to the sing-along anthems of divorce and disillusionment found on the recent Lovers Need Lawyers EP.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Album of the Year - (5:10) - 5,665 plays
- LyricsWhen you said you loved me, did you really love me or did the words just spill out like drool on my pillow. 'Cause I was naked when you said those words, but I felt covered in your whispered worship. And as you passed out fast on my shoulder, I imagined a child waiting so sad and still for his mom to arrive. Did she leave you an orphan, in that big, brown leather chair? Said, " Don't you move a muscle, kid, I'll be back in twenty years," You were scared, you were lonely, but you must've been aware; life is a series of calluses, this is just another layer. So, build'em up, tough it out, yeah, that's your skin - don't let anyone under there.
When you said you needed me, did you really need me or was it just someone - oh, you'd take anything. Am I first on that list of yours, or am I second, or third? So, who's that ahead of me, some harlot from Pittsburgh? Or Detroit, Santa Fe, or San Diego? I know you're so alone, but how much affection does one guy really need?
Did you date a lot in high school? Were you always chasing girls? Couldn't you find some young valentine to steal your heart for good? Were you content, or contemptible? Are your memories pleasant, or is it a string of endless flings of bitter resentment. Seems that what you want and what you need doesn't mean a thing, we're just here for the taking.
When you said you'd hurt me, did you think you hurt me? Are you really that cocky? Oh, what a heartbreaker! Well, I've got my armor - yeah, I've been through some battles before - and I met your old girlfriend, she said, "Baby, don't bother." She told me you told her you'd hurt her....funny, how familiar. So, how much of this relationship was rehearsed?
Did you act out as a child? Were you always crying wolf? Attention-starved, you tried too hard to get someone to look. Now you're the wolf in second-hand clothing; I'm the sheep in a pleated skirt. It's an awkward form of payback, but if it works for you - it works. It's that I recognize your off-white lies, still, I lie beside you - and that's what really hurts.
- Lovers Need Lawyers - (2:38) - 2,379 plays
- Under a Honeymoon - (4:52) - 1,955 plays
- Night and Day - (3:29) - 2,101 plays
- Heartbroke - (1:56) - 2,451 plays
- You're Not You - (5:38) - 1,545 plays
- You're No Fool - (3:50) - 1,383 plays
- Notes in His Pockets - (3:43) - 1,395 plays
- October Leaves - (4:57) - 1,272 plays