0 Shouts - 134,549 Scrobbles
At least three artists are known by the name The Giraffes.Read More...
1) The Giraffes is a Brooklyn-based hard rock band formed in 1998. The group's current lineup features guitarist Damien Paris, drummer Andrew Totolos, lead vocalist Aaron Lazar and bassist John Rosenthal, who replaced original bassist Tim Kent in 2002.
Prior to their affiliation with Razor & Tie, the band released two albums (including Helping You Help Yourself) and an EP (A Gentleman Never Tells) mostly recorded in their own homemade studio, under a Hasidic dry cleaning shop.
The Giraffes are known for rowdy live performances and their gnarly back story. In 2002, Paris was shot in the leg by a fire marshal at White Castle in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Paris himself was ironically charged with assault for this incident.
Lead singer Lazar suffered two heart attacks in early 2005 for which he is in six figures of debt and is now outfitted with an implanted defibrillator.
Drummer Andrew Totolos is the host of the DIY channel's small car customization show "Tricked Out".
For some time, the band was managed by rock impresario Calvin Cherry, whose relationship with the band ended after his extradition to Greece on fraud charges.
The Giraffes have toured alongside Eagles of Death Metal as well as The Vacation, Skeleton Key, Local H, The Means and others.
The current incarnation of The Giraffes continues to perform with wild on-stage performances and outrageous live antics. They have released two LP's; the first self-titled and the subsequent named: 'Prime Motivator'. At once incorporating elements of metal bass rhythms and driving drum beats with melodic vocals and high intensity guitar riffs they remain one of most interesting and energetic Rock 'n Roll groups to emerge from the Brooklyn, New York scene.
As of February 2011, lead vocalist Aaron Lazar had left the band. According to their Facebook, The Giraffes have continued to write and record material for an upcoming release, while still on the search for a replacement for Lazar.
2) The Giraffes - solo project in the late 90's and early 2000's by Chris Ballew (lead singer of The Presidents of the United States of America).
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- having fun - 5,671 plays
- Haunted Heaven - 4,977 plays
- Medicaid Benefit Applique - 3,391 plays
- Prime Motivator - 3,808 plays
- Gone Again Gone - 1,751 plays
- Done - 2,735 plays
- jr. at his worst - 2,769 plays
- Kill the Cake - 2,080 plays
- wage earner - 3,055 plays
- sugarbomb - 2,927 plays