The Get Up Kids
874 Shouts - 12,695,805 Scrobbles
The Get Up Kids are a Kansas City-based American rock band. Formed in 1995, the band was a major player in the mid-90's emo scene, otherwise known as the "second wave" of emo music. As they gained prominence, they began touring with bands such as Green Day and Weezer before becoming headliners themselves, eventually embarking on international tours of Japan and Europe. They founded Heroes & Villains Records, an imprint of the successful indie rock label Vagrant Records.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhat became of everyone, I used to know?
Where did our respectable convictions go?
Your words don't match the story that your actions show
What do I know?
I'm sure you can't help but remembering
- LyricsTen minutes to downtown
Is ten minutes too far
When my friends all say I'm crazy
Maybe I'm being selfish
Maybe I'm just scared
- LyricsYou've got some nerve I never knew
What with the world, we gave away in front of you
I see it all much clearer now
You're just a phase I've gotten over anyhow
It's over, I'm not giving in again
- LyricsIt's words you forget to anniversary songs
Bottles bite back your tolerance wrong
Your good intentions count for little anymore
If you're sorry why wage war?
I'm not fully convinced
- LyricsYou're a few years overdue
I spent them waiting here for you
Now your charity's refused
I can't name a penance for abuse
Twenty-four years overdue
- I'll Catch You - (4:20) - 12,259 plays
- Out Of Reach - (3:46) - 11,080 plays
- My Apology - (3:24) - 8,870 plays
- Don't Hate Me - (2:56) - 9,583 plays
- The Company Dime - (4:06) - 8,282 plays