The Gaslight Anthem
2,849 Shouts - 30,024,149 Scrobbles
The Gaslight Anthem is a rock band from New Brunswick, New Jersey. Since forming in 2006, they have released four full-length albums and an EP. They were described by Kerrang! magazine as “the best new band you’ll hear in 2008.” The lineup consists of Brian Fallon (vocals and guitar), Alex Levine (bass), Benny Horowitz (drums), and Alex Rosamilia (guitar). The Gaslight Anthem’s music embraces many elements of blues, classic rock, and punk rock. The band has described their sound as “Bruce Springsteen singing for a Cure cover band, with a tinge more aggression.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSometimes I wake up in the morning
Sometimes I dream small
I keep my wounds without a bandage baby
As I come stumbling through the door
Spend my nights in this location
- LyricsHave you seen my hands
Just look at 'em shake
And the song just keeps on repeating
Drop the needle again
And I dance with your ghost
- LyricsWell, I wonder which song they're gonna play when we go.
I hope it's something quiet and minor and peaceful and slow.
When we float out into the ether, into the Everlasting Arms,
I hope we don't hear Marley's chains we forged in life.
'Cause the chains I been hearing now for most of my life,
- LyricsI don't think I'm goin' out anymore
You better find some other body to comfort.
When I was trembling baby you was a diamond,
But you ain't a diamond no more.
So what you wanna say is my head is a hurricane
- LyricsWell I feel just like a stranger
I don't sleep at all anymore
And the arms that used to hold me
Well now they done me harm
And I feel just like a murderer
- Old White Lincoln - (3:23) - 42,928 plays
- Great Expectations - (3:05) - 44,248 plays
- Handwritten - (3:58) - 49,672 plays
- 1,000 Years - (3:37) - 39,457 plays
- Here Comes My Man - (3:36) - 35,421 plays