The Gaslight Anthem
2,764 Shouts - 27,444,987 Scrobbles
The Gaslight Anthem is a rock band from New Brunswick, New Jersey. Since forming in 2006, they have released four full-length albums and an EP. They were described by Kerrang! magazine as “the best new band you’ll hear in 2008.” The lineup consists of Brian Fallon (vocals and guitar), Alex Levine (bass), Benny Horowitz (drums), and Alex Rosamilia (guitar). The Gaslight Anthem’s music embraces many elements of blues, classic rock, and punk rock. The band has described their sound as “Bruce Springsteen singing for a Cure cover band, with a tinge more aggression.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHave you seen my hands
Just look at 'em shake
And the song just keeps on repeating
Drop the needle again
And I dance with your ghost
- LyricsWell, I wonder which song they're gonna play when we go.
I hope it's something quiet and minor and peaceful and slow.
When we float out into the ether, into the Everlasting Arms,
I hope we don't hear Marley's chains we forged in life.
'Cause the chains I been hearing now for most of my life,
- LyricsPut it out, turn it up
What's your favorite song?
I've been crying to it since I was young
I know there's someone out there feeling just like I feel
- Great Expectations - (3:05) - 54,094 plays
- LyricsIf I could write, I'd tell you how much I miss these nights.
Where we dig around the bones, try to find peace and patches for the holes.
I lit a cigarette on a parking meter.
Corner boys told her how I was dying to meet her.
Like a prayer I said, on a dead man's knee.
- Here Comes My Man - (3:36) - 52,774 plays
- Mulholland Drive - (3:54) - 48,496 plays
- American Slang - (3:41) - 36,555 plays
- Keepsake - (4:03) - 38,438 plays
- Film Noir - (3:29) - 34,410 plays