The Frozen Autumn
0 Shouts - 792,508 Scrobbles
The Frozen Autumn is an Italian darkwave band, formed in Turin, Italy in 1993 by Diego Merletto. At the very beginning this was just Diego's solo project, but after a few months Claudio Brosio took part of the group as session guitar player.Read More...
In 1994 the first demo "Oblivion" was released. The next year they released their first CD "Pale Awakening" for a German label. Several concerts, many contributions to various compilations and reviews in several music magazines helped the band to become known to the dark romantic music lovers.
Diego spent three years on a long musical research work. After that, durin 1997, the Italian label Eibon Records printed the band's second CD titled "Fragments of Memories".
In the year 1998 Diego co-founded a side project with Arianna called Static Movement. The musical style of Static Movement is not so different from the Frozen Autumn, but in this case only electronic instruments are used. The result was a more synthetic coldwave sound. The partnership proved fruitful for both parties and so Arianna became a permanent fixture in The Frozen Autumn line-up, Static Movement remaining their "concept research project".
Merletto has been working on his video art since 2003, which has become an integral part of the band's live shows.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Citywards (intrumental) - 18,993 plays
- Is Everything Real? - 30,100 plays
- Dusk Is Like a Dagger - 30,630 plays
- When you are sad - 20,763 plays
- There's No Time to Recall - 20,714 plays
- Static Cold - 19,272 plays
- The Echo of My Lies - 16,067 plays
- I'm Coming From Nowhere - 18,469 plays
- Silence is Talking - 17,051 plays
- Painted Girls - 17,282 plays