The Four Blazes
0 Shouts - 3,237 Scrobbles
The Four Blazes were an American R&B vocal and instrumental group formed in Chicago and popular in the 1940s and 1950s. They were also occasionally known as The Five Blazes or just The Blazes. The group was formed in 1940 by drummer Paul Lindsley "Jelly" Holt, an experienced Chicago musician who had previously been a member of the Five Rhythm Rocketeers. The Rocketeers had a residency at the Grand Terrace Ballroom, and linked up with Earl Hines for a European tour in 1939. When they returned, the Rocketeers broke up and Holt formed a new band, The Four Blazes.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mary Jo - (2:36) - 82 plays
- Stop Boogie Woogie - (2:43) - 38 plays
- Night Train - (2:54) - 33 plays
- Drunken Blues - (2:55) - 29 plays
- Snag the Britches - (2:34) - 22 plays
- Raggedy Ride - (2:15) - 21 plays
- Never Start Living - (2:19) - 19 plays
- Perfect Woman - (2:42) - 15 plays
- Rug Cutter - (2:55) - 18 plays
- My Hat's On the Side of My Head - (2:46) - 11 plays