72 Shouts - 849,451 Scrobbles
A group plagued by major-label woes and break-ups, that was exactly what was essential for The Fold’s resilience: healing. Evolving from several Chicago-based rock outfits including Warner Brothers signees, Showoff, it seemed The Fold’s previous groups were in a place most musicians only dream of…and then things changed. “I suppose I gave up a lot when I left a major label band to start The Fold,” explains the band’s frontman and founder, Daniel Castady, “but if I did, it was because I knew that those things were passing away.”
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSo lets start at the beginning of this story
I was just a boy, nowhere to call home
There I was building houses on the sands
I could see that I was only running circles in my mind
It just goes on and on and on until it finally catches up to me
- LyricsIt doesn't work that way
Youve seen enough to know better
Better recalculate this
This time use your heart and not your mind
Maybe you just dont get it
- LyricsIm not listening Im over it
Sending it over and out
It isnt alright to reside in this town anymore
And what for?
Call all my good friends
- Lyricshey, what's with the girls with the stars in their eyes screaming blame, love, kisses, tears, and lies. From your lipsticked lips will they ever learn? I'll take it in for a second before we crash and burn.
And we are alright now, but we're feeling tremors
It's like a landslide from the top of the world get up, get up and turn it around. And baby we can get on with it. It's like a landslide from the top of the world tonight, but hey I'm up for the fight. And lately I'm not sleeping. sleeping.
And what's with the fact that I can't relate to this broke down town through a melody? There are streets in this town I don't dare drive down, I chalk it up to a lesson from adolescence.
- LyricsI have a confession to make
I've never been the kind of kid
Who likes to buy what you're selling to me
And all of this rhetoric about loving you
Is just another clever iteration
- Medicine - (3:04) - 172 plays
- Closer To The Ground - (4:14) - 156 plays
- Backseat Drivers - (3:06) - 118 plays
- Neverender - (3:41) - 152 plays
- Moving Past - (4:31) - 126 plays