10 Shouts - 336,286 Scrobbles
The Elgins were an American vocal group on the Motown label, active from the late 1950s to 1967. Their most successful record was "Heaven Must Have Sent You", written and produced by the Holland–Dozier–Holland team, which was a hit in the US in 1966, and in the UK when reissued in 1971. Founding members Robert Fleming, Johnny Dawson, Cleo "Duke" Miller and Norbert McClean recorded together for various small labels in Detroit prior to their Motown days, as the Sensations, the Five Emeralds, and the Downbeats, and also recorded as the Downbeats for Motown in 1962.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Heaven Must Have Sent You - (3:51) - 9,990 plays
- Heaven Must Have Sent You - Single Version (Mono) - (2:32) - 1,748 plays
- Darling Baby - (2:35) - 1,658 plays
- Put Yourself In My Place - (2:38) - 787 plays
- Put Yourself In My Place - Single Version - (2:41) - 421 plays
- Stay In My Lonely Arms - (3:00) - 310 plays
- I Understand My Man - (3:06) - 156 plays
- In The Midnight Hour - (2:10) - 115 plays
- Good Lovin' - (2:44) - 116 plays
- Don't wait around - (3:49) - 171 plays