The Dresden Dolls
1,787 Shouts - 19,425,076 Scrobbles
The Dresden Dolls are an American musical duo from Boston, Massachusetts. Formed in 2001, the group consists of Amanda Palmer (vocals, piano, ukulele, toy piano, harmonica) and Brian Viglione (drums, percussion, guitar, vocals). They describe their heavily art-damaged and theatrical style as "Brechtian punk cabaret", a phrase invented by Palmer because she was "terrified" that the press would invent a name that "would involve the word 'gothic'," and are part of an underground dark cabaret movement that started gaining momentum in the early 1990s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Coin-Operated Boy - (4:46) - 20,978 plays
- Girl Anachronism - (2:59) - 20,576 plays
- Missed Me - (4:53) - 13,856 plays
- My Alcoholic Friends - (2:47) - 13,674 plays
- Good Day - (5:51) - 10,183 plays
- Backstabber - (4:11) - 11,405 plays
- Half Jack - (5:57) - 10,641 plays
- Sex Changes - (4:11) - 10,481 plays
- Shores Of California - (3:35) - 9,641 plays
- Bad Habit - (3:01) - 8,755 plays