The Dresden Dolls
1,781 Shouts - 19,287,161 Scrobbles
The Dresden Dolls are an American musical duo from Boston, Massachusetts. Formed in 2001, the group consists of Amanda Palmer (vocals, piano, ukulele, toy piano, harmonica) and Brian Viglione (drums, percussion, guitar, vocals). They describe their heavily art-damaged and theatrical style as "Brechtian punk cabaret", a phrase invented by Palmer because she was "terrified" that the press would invent a name that "would involve the word 'gothic'," and are part of an underground dark cabaret movement that started gaining momentum in the early 1990s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Coin-Operated Boy - (4:46) - 23,048 plays
- Girl Anachronism - (2:59) - 21,628 plays
- Missed Me - (4:53) - 15,787 plays
- My Alcoholic Friends - (2:47) - 15,268 plays
- Backstabber - (4:11) - 12,404 plays
- Good Day - (5:51) - 10,800 plays
- Half Jack - (5:57) - 11,737 plays
- Sex Changes - (4:11) - 11,613 plays
- Shores Of California - (3:35) - 11,015 plays
- Bad Habit - (3:01) - 9,915 plays