The Dresden Dolls
1,772 Shouts - 19,220,809 Scrobbles
The Dresden Dolls are an American musical duo from Boston, Massachusetts. Formed in 2001, the group consists of Amanda Palmer (vocals, piano, ukulele, toy piano, harmonica) and Brian Viglione (drums, percussion, guitar, vocals). They describe their heavily art-damaged and theatrical style as "Brechtian punk cabaret", a phrase invented by Palmer because she was "terrified" that the press would invent a name that "would involve the word 'gothic'," and are part of an underground dark cabaret movement that started gaining momentum in the early 1990s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Coin-Operated Boy - (4:46) - 23,225 plays
- Girl Anachronism - (2:59) - 22,047 plays
- Missed Me - (4:53) - 15,878 plays
- My Alcoholic Friends - (2:47) - 15,518 plays
- Backstabber - (4:11) - 12,615 plays
- Good Day - (5:51) - 10,850 plays
- Half Jack - (5:57) - 11,745 plays
- Sex Changes - (4:11) - 11,847 plays
- Shores Of California - (3:35) - 11,353 plays
- Bad Habit - (3:01) - 9,988 plays