0 Shouts - 44,997 Scrobbles
There are three artists who use this name:Read More...
1) Pierpaolo Salamone, Italian Speedcore producer
2) Alec Empire, who debuted his long-serving and most well-known guise on Riot Beats in '94.
3) Metal band from Los Angeles, California previously known as "ALAL".
1) The Destroyer, the most violent demon in the Hardcore scene! His name is Pierpaolo Salamone, born on the 5th January 1980 in Enna, Italy. When he was 13 years old, this young prodigy started his first productions on his Commodore Amiga, and still now he continues using it to keep alive the old 8-bit sound! The D-Boy black Label felt the right vibe coming out from the Destroyer's tracks, and follow the first release for this Label entitled "Break your Speaker e.p." in which you can find violent tracks that runs at 200BPM, others with screaming Sicilian samples. After this record, the Destroyer goes on evolving his skills and his knowledge, without yield to compromise, following his "Old Style" kind of Hardcore. On the D-Boy labels he signes others big successes like: "My Brain is Sick", "Khorona Nooo!!!!"," The Korrosive adventure","You're like a toasted dork e.p.", "Mass of Shit e.p.", " The Hardcore Healing", " Total Hate e.p." and "Neighbourhood". These records show to you everything you need to know about the Destroyer's exclusive style: a mix of distorted and violent sounds and dark riffs. Most of those vocal samples that you can hear in his tracks are made usually by the Destroyer himself. These tracks are played during the biggest Hardcore events all over the world and they are a big part of the Italian Hardcore History.
He was also the leader of the Head Fuck records with the following records realized for this label "The Crusher's trash","Sicilian Antibitch e.p.", " The Destroyer's rmx collection","The return e.p." and "Prepare Yourself e.p.". The Destroyer's style is appreciated not only in italy, so you can find other records released in different labels like "Cunt Records" , "Epileptik" , "Terror Noize Industry" and many more...
Pierpaolo is certainly the unquestionable leader of the Italian Speedcore, and these words are confirmed with his devastating Live Act, that he brings all over the world!
(Bio Supplied by Mohbookings)
2) Alec introduced himself as The Destroyer on his first Riot Beats releases, following a number of 12”s in 92-93 pioneering German Jungle and breakbeat hardcore with his Bass Terror Soundsystem. The sound on these records was increasingly harder, faster and louder than their UK equivalents (and eventually birthed the genre of breakcore).
Frankfurt-based techno label Force Inc. Music Works (on which Alec had done much of his releasing up to this point) started a sublabel called Riot Beats to give this sound a new push and platform. While Alec would continue to release techno albums on Force Inc's experimental sublabel Mille Plateux (and more traditional techno under the names Jaguar and Richard Benson) he (under a number of various guises) would put out his rougher and faster take on hardcore here, along with some kindred spirits.
Riot Beats' first release would be the Destroyer 12” in January 1994, with The Destroyer (Part 2) following in May. Several of these Destroyer tracks would later be compiled on the 1997 album Squeeze The Trigger, along with his other Riot Beats work, including E.C.P. (named after a track on the first Destroyer 12”), P.J.P and The King of the Street.
In early 1994, using Phonogram's advance for the now-aborted debut Atari Teenage Riot album Alec would start Digital Hardcore Recordings, putting out more of the harder breakcore beginning with the Digital Hardcore EP in July, while continuing to release work initially more at the Jungle/DnB end of the spectrum under his Riot Beats aliases.
The Destroyer moniker also turned up on many of his various song-destroying mixtapes and DJ sets etc (see also DJ Alec Empire), Alec later using it for the name of his first Digital Hardcore album in 1996, widely recognised as the first breakcore full-length.
3) Previously known as ALAL.The Destroyer started with a vision of bringing heaviness and brutal grooves back to metal. A most fitting name for a band comprised of ex-members of Eighteen Visions, Throwdown, extreme horror metal act Dawn of Ashes, and heavy hitters Droid. The future is bright, and The Destroyer looks forward to leaving a town near you utterly decimated. Join us in our cause as we bring the scene to its knees.
James - Vocals
Dave - Guitar
Keith - Bass