The Cryan' Shames
8 Shouts - 84,643 Scrobbles
Originally known as The Travelers, this Chicago-based act were clearly influenced by the British music invasion. Indeed, it was their cover version of Sugar And Spice, which had given The Searchers a big U.K. hit back in 1963, that attracted the attention of Columbia, leading them to take over the distribution of their 45. A later cover of Lennon-McCartney's You're Gonna Lose That Girl, which was probably intended as the follow-up, got lost somewhere in their switch from Destination to Columbia and was only aired much later when Happy Tiger included it on their Early Chicago compilation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sugar and Spice - (2:30) - 494 plays
- Ben Franklin's Almanac - (1:58) - 99 plays
- Baltimore Oriole - (4:31) - 72 plays
- The Sailing Ship - (3:33) - 71 plays
- If I Needed Someone - (2:18) - 48 plays
- It Could Be We're in Love - (2:33) - 62 plays
- Mr. Unreliable - (2:50) - 39 plays
- We'll Meet Again - (2:05) - 50 plays
- A Carol for Lorelei - (4:02) - 44 plays
- July - (1:34) - 61 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online