The Cryan' Shames
8 Shouts - 81,827 Scrobbles
Originally known as The Travelers, this Chicago-based act were clearly influenced by the British music invasion. Indeed, it was their cover version of Sugar And Spice, which had given The Searchers a big U.K. hit back in 1963, that attracted the attention of Columbia, leading them to take over the distribution of their 45. A later cover of Lennon-McCartney's You're Gonna Lose That Girl, which was probably intended as the follow-up, got lost somewhere in their switch from Destination to Columbia and was only aired much later when Happy Tiger included it on their Early Chicago compilation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sugar and Spice - (2:27) - 838 plays
- Ben Franklin's Almanac - (1:58) - 140 plays
- It Could Be We're in Love - (2:33) - 59 plays
- The Sailing Ship - (3:33) - 58 plays
- If I Needed Someone - (2:18) - 67 plays
- Up on the Roof - (3:25) - 39 plays
- Mr. Unreliable - (2:50) - 37 plays
- The Warm - (4:18) - 27 plays
- I Wanna Meet You - (2:06) - 35 plays
- Greenburg, Glickstein, Charles, David Smith & Jones - (2:16) - 37 plays