46 Shouts - 404,202 Scrobbles
Dubbed an Atlanta supergroup by locals, The Constellations officially formed when vocalist Elijah Jones teamed up with Grammy-winning producer Ben H. Allen (Animal Collective, Gnarls Barkley) to create Southern Gothic. Jones and Allen tossed ideas around for two years before finally recording. Now the band and its ever-changing line-up of Atlanta musicians is playing sold out shows in Atlanta’s most popular venues, from the Earl, Star Bar, Lenny’s, the Drunken Unicorn, and even Athens’ the 40 Watt.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe wind blows cool across my face
I can smell the taste, a trace of lace
There's something sinister in place
It leaves me restless with no peace
So it's a perfect day to fade away
- LyricsWith her cigarette lips and soldier tits
Yeah, they stand at attention with her hands on her hips
She's got a crocodile smile and switchblade style
Yeah, she'll stab you in the back with her fingernail file
Stays cool as you come so uncomfortably numb
- LyricsWe're the stars, that shine so bright
We bling in cars, and rhyme so hard
We're not afraid to say, we're here to save the day
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!
- Lyricsanother shakedown, the corners crawling with cops,
take your money and your work like its some insider (?)
there ain't no stake now, lost your fork and your plate
I had the bank roll slow but they confiscated
the minor setback, and I'll be back in a week
- LyricsI recall every winter, spring and fall it comes and goes.
Like the earth spinning round and round, youre gone and no-one knows.
Standing still like a broken clock that needs to rewound.
Without will, It relieves youre worried mind where you fall.
- On My Way Up - (5:39) - 439 plays
- Take A Ride - (4:56) - 395 plays
- Perfect Day (OST Suits) - (4:24) - 671 plays
- Step Right Up - (9:13) - 340 plays
- We're Here To Save The Day - (3:29) - 421 plays