0 Shouts - 58,232 Scrobbles
The Chips was a short-lived New York doo-wop band consisting of teenage friends Charles Johnson (lead vocal), Nathaniel Epps (baritone), Paul Fulton (bass), Sammy Strain and Shedwick Lincoln (tenors). The group's first recording is their most enduring; "Rubber Biscuit" started life as Johnson's answer to the marching rhythms of the Warwick School For Delinquent Teenagers while he was an intern there.Read More...
When Josie Records heard the tune they signed the band and the record was issued in September 1956. Although it did not chart, "Rubber Biscuit" became an instant east coast radio favourite, and saw its performers touring alongside The Dells, The Cadillacs and Bo Diddley, but the momentum gained by their debut single was waning and the group broke up at the end of 1957.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rubber Biscuit - 38,944 plays
- You Make Me Feel So Good - 9,840 plays
- Rubber Biscuits - 3,919 plays
- you make me so good - 781 plays
- You Make Me Feel So Good (LP Version) - 366 plays
- Time To Jack - 202 plays
- All Apologies - 221 plays
- Rubber Biscuit (LP Version) - 304 plays
- If You Only Knew (Radio Edit) - 112 plays
- So Chique! - 116 plays