21 Shouts - 296,692 Scrobbles
The Chantays were a surf rock band from the early 1960s, best known for only one hit, the instrumental "Pipeline". The Chantays were formed in 1961 when five high-school friends decided to start their own band. Bob Spickard, Brian Carman (co-writers of "Pipeline"), Bob Welch, Warren Waters and Rob Marshall were all students at Santa Ana High School in California, when a local group called The Rhythm Rockers inspired the five to form The Chantays. In December 1962, the group recorded and released "Pipeline", which eventually peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 in May 1963.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pipeline - (2:18) - 4,671 plays
- Move It - (2:20) - 372 plays
- Runaway - (2:51) - 321 plays
- Banzai - (2:03) - 277 plays
- Beyond - (2:03) - 297 plays
- Sleep Walk - (2:33) - 278 plays
- Wayward Nile - (2:58) - 267 plays
- Riders In The Sky - (2:53) - 193 plays
- Blunderbus - (2:48) - 199 plays
- Last Night - (2:33) - 146 plays