21 Shouts - 267,676 Scrobbles
The Chantays were a surf rock band from the early 1960s, best known for only one hit, the instrumental "Pipeline". The Chantays were formed in 1961 when five high-school friends decided to start their own band. Bob Spickard, Brian Carman (co-writers of "Pipeline"), Bob Welch, Warren Waters and Rob Marshall were all students at Santa Ana High School in California, when a local group called The Rhythm Rockers inspired the five to form The Chantays. In December 1962, the group recorded and released "Pipeline", which eventually peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 in May 1963.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pipeline - (2:13) - 5,961 plays
- Wayward Nile - (3:00) - 344 plays
- Move It - (2:21) - 247 plays
- Runaway - (2:54) - 215 plays
- Blunderbus - (2:48) - 194 plays
- Riders In The Sky - (2:56) - 174 plays
- Sleep Walk - (2:35) - 227 plays
- Banzai - (2:04) - 146 plays
- Tragic Wind - (2:11) - 172 plays
- Beyond - (2:06) - 154 plays