34 Shouts - 571,983 Scrobbles
An instrumental quintet formed in Los Angeles in 1957, the Champs comprised Challenge Records executive Dave Burgess (born Lancaster, CA) (guitar) and session players Buddy Bruce (guitar), Chuck Rio (born Daniel Flores, Rankin, TX) (saxophone), Cliff Hills (bass), and Gene Alden (born Cisco, TX) (drums). This lineup recorded Rio's "Tequila" as a B-side to Burgess' "Train to Nowhere." "Tequila" topped the charts in 1958.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tequila - (2:13) - 19,120 plays
- Tequila (Original) - (2:09) - 5,653 plays
- Tequilla - (2:11) - 808 plays
- Train to Nowhere - (2:17) - 425 plays
- El Rancho Rock - (2:21) - 401 plays
- Midnighter - (2:09) - 321 plays
- Limbo Rock - (2:04) - 485 plays
- Too Much Tequila - (2:16) - 399 plays
- Tequilla (PISTEL Mix) - (3:40) - 329 plays
- Beatnik - (1:59) - 240 plays