The Celibate Rifles
14 Shouts - 88,606 Scrobbles
The Celibate Rifles are a rock band from Sydney, Australia. The band was formed in 1979 and released their first album Sideroxylon in April 1983 on the Hot Records label. The band has toured both America and Europe extensively, releasing fourteen studio albums.
Kent Steedman, Dave Morris, Michael Couvret, Phillip Jacquet and Ian Martin conceived the band in 1979 when they were still in high school. The band's name is believed to be inspired by (being a complete antonym of) the Sex Pistols.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Johnny - (3:49) - 99 plays
- Back in the Red - (2:37) - 85 plays
- Wild Desire - (3:32) - 74 plays
- 24 Hours (Sos) - (2:03) - 42 plays
- Sometimes - (2:46) - 37 plays
- Temper Temper Mr. Kemper - (2:27) - 26 plays
- Ice Blue - (4:13) - 44 plays
- Killing Time - (2:30) - 63 plays
- Bill Bonney Regrets - (4:02) - 30 plays
- Electravision Mantra - (4:58) - 47 plays
- Sia’s In The Billboard Top 10 For The First Time As A Solo Artist
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations