The Celibate Rifles
14 Shouts - 90,917 Scrobbles
The Celibate Rifles are a rock band from Sydney, Australia. The band was formed in 1979 and released their first album Sideroxylon in April 1983 on the Hot Records label. The band has toured both America and Europe extensively, releasing fourteen studio albums.
Kent Steedman, Dave Morris, Michael Couvret, Phillip Jacquet and Ian Martin conceived the band in 1979 when they were still in high school. The band's name is believed to be inspired by (being a complete antonym of) the Sex Pistols.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Merry Xmas Blues - (3:55) - 118 plays
- Johnny - (3:49) - 105 plays
- Wild Desire - (3:32) - 108 plays
- 24 Hours (Sos) - (2:03) - 66 plays
- Sometimes - (2:46) - 58 plays
- Back in the Red - (2:37) - 57 plays
- Temper Temper Mr. Kemper - (2:27) - 27 plays
- Bill Bonney Regrets - (4:02) - 47 plays
- Ice Blue - (4:13) - 35 plays
- Killing Time - (2:30) - 47 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online