The Carter Family
54 Shouts - 1,201,578 Scrobbles
The Carter Family was a country music group that performed and recorded between 1927 and 1943. Their music had a profound impact on later bluegrass, country, pop and rock musicians, as well as on the U.S. folk revival of the 1960s. The original group consisted of Alvin Pleasant Delaney Carter (A.P.; 1891-1960), his wife, Sara Dougherty Carter (autoharp and guitar; 1898-1979), and Maybelle Addington Carter (guitar; 1909-1978).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wildwood Flower - (3:10) - 2,989 plays
- Keep on the Sunny Side - (2:49) - 1,324 plays
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken - (3:08) - 918 plays
- Single Girl, Married Girl - (2:45) - 754 plays
- John Hardy Was a Desperate Little Man - (2:57) - 677 plays
- Can the Circle Be Unbroken - (3:08) - 507 plays
- Worried Man Blues - (2:43) - 678 plays
- Little Moses - (3:17) - 448 plays
- Engine 143 - (1:50) - 434 plays
- Can The Circle Be Unbroken - 78rpm Version - (3:07) - 488 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online