The Carter Family
54 Shouts - 1,100,233 Scrobbles
The Carter Family was a country music group that performed and recorded between 1927 and 1943. Their music had a profound impact on later bluegrass, country, pop and rock musicians, as well as on the U.S. folk revival of the 1960s. The original group consisted of Alvin Pleasant Delaney Carter (A.P.; 1891-1960), his wife, Sara Dougherty Carter (autoharp and guitar; 1898-1979), and Maybelle Addington Carter (guitar; 1909-1978).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wildwood Flower - (3:13) - 3,229 plays
- Keep On The Sunny Side - (2:51) - 2,150 plays
- John Hardy Was a Desperate Little Man - (2:57) - 1,154 plays
- Single Girl, Married Girl - (2:45) - 1,191 plays
- Can The Circle Be Unbroken - (3:09) - 1,242 plays
- Bury Me Under the Weeping Willow - (2:55) - 1,196 plays
- Worried Man Blues - (2:42) - 945 plays
- Little Moses - (3:17) - 730 plays
- Engine 143 - (1:50) - 681 plays
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken - (3:08) - 933 plays