The Carter Family
54 Shouts - 1,123,906 Scrobbles
The Carter Family was a country music group that performed and recorded between 1927 and 1943. Their music had a profound impact on later bluegrass, country, pop and rock musicians, as well as on the U.S. folk revival of the 1960s. The original group consisted of Alvin Pleasant Delaney Carter (A.P.; 1891-1960), his wife, Sara Dougherty Carter (autoharp and guitar; 1898-1979), and Maybelle Addington Carter (guitar; 1909-1978).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wildwood Flower - (3:15) - 3,442 plays
- Keep on the Sunny Side - (2:49) - 2,029 plays
- John Hardy Was a Desperate Little Man - (2:57) - 1,051 plays
- Can The Circle Be Unbroken - (3:09) - 1,068 plays
- Single Girl, Married Girl - (2:45) - 1,034 plays
- Bury Me Under the Weeping Willow - (2:55) - 1,036 plays
- Little Moses - (3:17) - 701 plays
- Engine 143 - (1:50) - 748 plays
- Worried Man Blues - (2:43) - 823 plays
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken - (3:08) - 910 plays