488 Shouts - 1,958,185 Scrobbles
The Caretaker project began in late 1996 in Stockport, England by Leyland Kirby, undoubtedly inspired from the ballroom scene in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining". The first release played and extended this theme of altering 1920s and 1930s ballroom music creating an eerie and haunted soundworld. Subsequently the sound has become darker and often more abstract over time, moving away from the initial idea of a haunted ballroom into territories involving the mind and its abilities to recall memories.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All you are going to want to do is get back there - (3:46) - 11,613 plays
- Libet's delay - (3:27) - 10,182 plays
- Moments of sufficient lucidity - (3:48) - 9,278 plays
- The great hidden sea of the unconscious - (3:02) - 8,480 plays
- An empty bliss beyond this World - (3:48) - 12,865 plays
- Mental Caverns Without Sunshine - (1:35) - 11,983 plays
- A relationship with the sublime - (3:36) - 6,952 plays
- Pared back to the minimal - (1:46) - 6,514 plays
- Camaraderie at arms length - (4:46) - 6,850 plays
- I feel as if I might be vanishing - (1:56) - 6,134 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online