492 Shouts - 2,034,492 Scrobbles
The Caretaker project began in late 1996 in Stockport, England by Leyland Kirby, undoubtedly inspired from the ballroom scene in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining". The first release played and extended this theme of altering 1920s and 1930s ballroom music creating an eerie and haunted soundworld. Subsequently the sound has become darker and often more abstract over time, moving away from the initial idea of a haunted ballroom into territories involving the mind and its abilities to recall memories.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All you are going to want to do is get back there - (3:46) - 10,041 plays
- Libet's delay - (3:27) - 8,731 plays
- Moments of sufficient lucidity - (3:48) - 8,374 plays
- The great hidden sea of the unconscious - (3:02) - 7,473 plays
- An empty bliss beyond this World - (3:48) - 11,424 plays
- Mental Caverns Without Sunshine - (1:35) - 10,810 plays
- A relationship with the sublime - (3:36) - 6,198 plays
- Camaraderie at arms length - (4:46) - 6,149 plays
- Pared back to the minimal - (1:46) - 5,486 plays
- I feel as if I might be vanishing - (1:56) - 5,556 plays