471 Shouts - 1,634,978 Scrobbles
The Caretaker project began in late 1996 in Stockport, England by Leyland Kirby, undoubtedly inspired from the ballroom scene in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining". The first release played and extended this theme of altering 1920s and 1930s ballroom music creating an eerie and haunted soundworld. Subsequently the sound has become darker and often more abstract over time, moving away from the initial idea of a haunted ballroom into territories involving the mind and its abilities to recall memories.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Libet's delay - (3:27) - 9,305 plays
- Moments of sufficient lucidity - (3:48) - 8,816 plays
- All you are going to want to do is get back there - (3:46) - 9,961 plays
- The great hidden sea of the unconscious - (3:02) - 8,190 plays
- An empty bliss beyond this World - (3:48) - 12,273 plays
- Mental Caverns Without Sunshine - (1:35) - 11,929 plays
- A relationship with the sublime - (3:36) - 6,637 plays
- Pared back to the minimal - (1:46) - 5,999 plays
- Camaraderie at arms length - (4:46) - 6,410 plays
- Tiny gradiations of loss - (2:53) - 5,579 plays