173 Shouts - 1,939,029 Scrobbles
The Buggles were a UK electropop / new wave group that formed in 1977, consisting of Trevor Horn (bass guitar, guitar, percussion, and vocals) with Geoff Downes (percussion and keyboards). The Buggles' sound was characterised by a deliberately synthetic quality in keeping with the technological subject matter of their songs. The group had a smash hit with the first single from their debut album, 'The Age of Plastic'. Song "Video Killed the Radio Star" famously provided the 1st music video ever played on MTV (on August 1, 1981).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Video Killed the Radio Star - (3:22) - 60,489 plays
- Video Killed The Radio Star - Single Version - (3:20) - 3,434 plays
- Kid Dynamo - (3:28) - 1,610 plays
- Elstree - (4:32) - 1,636 plays
- I Love You (Miss Robot) - (5:00) - 1,410 plays
- Clean, Clean - (3:54) - 1,371 plays
- Astroboy (And The Proles On Parade) - (4:48) - 1,111 plays
- The Plastic Age - (5:11) - 959 plays
- Johnny On The Monorail - (5:27) - 957 plays
- Living In The Plastic Age - (5:09) - 1,160 plays