The Budos Band
172 Shouts - 2,008,966 Scrobbles
The Budos Band are an "Instrumental Staten-Island Afro-Soul" outfit recording on the Daptone Records label. The band has eleven members (up to thirteen members at times) who play instrumental music that is self-described as "Afro-Soul," a term and sound which - in a recent interview - baritone saxophone player Jared Tankel elucidates as, being drawn from Ethiopian music the band had been listening to that had a soul undercurrent to it, which the band then "sprinkled a little bit of sweet 60's stuff on top" of.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Sticks - (4:02) - 15,392 plays
- Into The Fog - (4:48) - 13,915 plays
- Aphasia - (5:13) - 11,298 plays
- Shattered Winds - (2:41) - 10,190 plays
- Burnt Offering - (4:23) - 9,740 plays
- Chicago Falcon - (2:55) - 8,690 plays
- Black Hills - (4:28) - 9,357 plays
- Up From the South - (3:26) - 8,418 plays
- Magus Mountain - (5:19) - 8,634 plays
- Trail of Tears - (2:42) - 8,207 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online