The Budos Band
172 Shouts - 2,101,574 Scrobbles
The Budos Band are an "Instrumental Staten-Island Afro-Soul" outfit recording on the Daptone Records label. The band has eleven members (up to thirteen members at times) who play instrumental music that is self-described as "Afro-Soul," a term and sound which - in a recent interview - baritone saxophone player Jared Tankel elucidates as, being drawn from Ethiopian music the band had been listening to that had a soul undercurrent to it, which the band then "sprinkled a little bit of sweet 60's stuff on top" of.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Sticks - (4:02) - 11,733 plays
- Into The Fog - (4:48) - 11,580 plays
- Chicago Falcon - (2:55) - 7,673 plays
- Aphasia - (5:13) - 8,023 plays
- Up From the South - (3:26) - 7,042 plays
- Burnt Offering - (4:23) - 7,718 plays
- Shattered Winds - (2:41) - 7,223 plays
- Black Hills - (4:28) - 6,884 plays
- Magus Mountain - (5:19) - 6,554 plays
- Trail of Tears - (2:42) - 5,855 plays