60 Shouts - 450,385 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist with this name: 1) The Broadways were a punk band from Chicago, Illinois. The group formed in 1996 after the break-up of ska-punk band Slapstick, with their vocalist Brendan Kelly and trumpet player Dan Hanaway combining with Rob DePaola and Tricky Dick guitarist Chris McCaughan. Musically, The Broadways frequently drew comparisons to Crimpshrine and Jawbreaker. The band is notable for the intelligent political, social, and introspective nature of their lyrics, as well as their complex, non-traditional song structures and above-average punk musicianship.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyricsall down the streets the signs read cheaper and better technology
this capitalist vision is my nightmare, put up a sign in my face
what the fuck happened to this place?
i think we made a wrong turn now look at hte lovely concrete
i drove to my stupid job today, got stopped at an intersection
- Lyricswasted, passed out on the kitchen floor
another week gone by and i haven't been dreaming
blacked out and i can't remember exactly what i did last night
i hear stories in the morning and i know that i'm out of control
because wheni drink nothing ever matters,
- Lyricsdo you remember the first thing you had to memorize?
was it the pledge of allegiance?
a five year old stands for a flag that killed off all the real americans
do we really like being controlled or are our heads just spinning?
more cops more prisons to bear down on crime and violence
- Lyricsall alone again, the phone forgot to ring
even if it did, i doubt it would be for me
bedside table photographs of you, half smoked cigarettes
remember something too good to be true
and you called me and told me you were home
- Lyricsi'm not angry i'm a no good piece of shit
i hear that eeryday, it just rolls off my back
left out frustrated no one to talk to
alone with the thoughts in my head
the people i respect knock me down,
- The Nautical Mile - (3:37) - 525 plays
- Jonathan Kozol Was Right... - (2:42) - 498 plays
- Restless - (3:41) - 494 plays
- 25 Degrees North - (2:01) - 453 plays
- We'll Have A Party - (4:32) - 429 plays