The Breakfast Club
0 Shouts - 17,312 Scrobbles
More than one band has used this name:Read More...
1. The Breakfast Club was formed in New York in the late 1970s, and went through several line-ups including one in which Madonna was the drummer. By the early 1980s, the band included Madonna, Angie Smit on bass, and the Gilroy brothers, Dan and Ed, both on guitar (Dan sang lead vocals as well). Dan Gilroy was also briefly Madonna's boyfriend, and he eventually allowed her to sing some lead vocals. Madonna ultimately left to form a new band Emmy, but the remaining members soldiered on. By the mid 1980s, the band consisted of the Gilroys (with Dan now concentrating exclusively on vocals, while Ed provided all guitars), Gary Burke (bass), Paul Kauk (keyboards), and Stephen Bray (drums). Both Bray and Burke had previously been Madonna's bandmates in Emmy. Bray had also dated Madonna for a while, and reportedly, Madonna had initially suggested him as her replacement in Breakfast Club. They signed with Ze Records and released their eponymous album in 1987, which spawned the U.S. Top Ten hit "Right On Track". Later, Randy Jackson (bass) and E. Doctor Smith (The Drummstick, percussion) joined the band.
Dan Gilroy later went on to star in Mother Goose Rock 'n' Rhyme as Gordon Goose and in Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle as Pete the Postman.
2. Twan, Wouter and Jorik. 3 kids of 17 years old. Together known as The Breakfast Club! Since 2005 they've been making music together. It began with covers from bands such as Blink 182 and Sum 41 while they are now writing and playing own stuff. They make a party of every show they play. Crazy outifts, stupid nonsense jokes and awesome songs. Right know we're having a lot of fun doing this and who knows, maybe there's a bright future ahead.
The Breakfast Club was also a classic movie from the 1980's.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsGonna make a move that knocks you over
Watch this turn one's gonna put you away
But I'm doing my very best dancing
Every time you're looking the other way
I could move out to the left for a while
- LyricsHey, hey, hey ,hey
Won't you come see about me?
I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby
Tell me your troubles and doubts
- Right On Track (Midtown Mix) - 506 plays
- We Are Not Alone - 452 plays
- Never Be The Same - 607 plays
- Rico Mambo - 686 plays
- Kiss and Tell - 408 plays
- Don't You (Forget About Me) - 259 plays
- Right On - 238 plays
- Ending Scene - 79 plays