The Boomtown Rats
88 Shouts - 1,391,400 Scrobbles
All six members (Gary Roberts, Pete Briquette, Gerry Cott, Simon Crowe, Bob Geldof and Johnny "Fingers" Moylett) were originally from Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland. Originally called 'The Nightlife Thugs'. The name The Boomtown Rats comes from a gang of down-and-outs from Woody Guthrie's autobiography, Bound for Glory.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload.
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home.
And daddy doesn't understand it,
- LyricsThere was a... lot of rocking going on that night,
Cruising time for the young bright lights,
Just down past the gasworks, by the meat factory door,
The five lamp boys were coming on strong.
The Saturday night city beat had already started
- LyricsBanana Republic, Septic Isle
Screamin' in the sufferin' sea, sounds like cryin'
Everywhere I go, yeah everywhere I see
The black and blue uniforms, Police and Priests
And I wonder do you wonder while you're sleeping with your whore?
- LyricsShe's so 20th century
She's so 1970's
She knows the right things to say
She's got the right clothes to wear
'Cos she's a modern girl, oh yeah
- LyricsThe world owes me a living
I've waited on this dole queue too long
I've been standin' in the rain for fifteen minutes
That's a quarter of an hour too long.
I'll take all they can give me
- Someone's Looking At You - (4:23) - 1,825 plays
- Diamond Smiles - (3:49) - 1,466 plays
- Like Clockwork - (3:43) - 1,217 plays
- I Don't Like Monday's - 1,133 plays
- Mary of the 4th Form - (3:52) - 844 plays