The Boomtown Rats
90 Shouts - 1,463,124 Scrobbles
All six members (Gary Roberts, Pete Briquette, Gerry Cott, Simon Crowe, Bob Geldof and Johnnie Moylett) were originally from Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland. Originally called 'The Nightlife Thugs'. The name The Boomtown Rats comes from a gang of down-and-outs from Woody Guthrie's autobiography, Bound for Glory.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Don't Like Mondays - (4:15) - 22,662 plays
- LyricsThere was a... lot of rocking going on that night,
Cruising time for the young bright lights,
Just down past the gasworks, by the meat factory door,
The five lamp boys were coming on strong.
The Saturday night city beat had already started
- LyricsShe's so 20th century
She's so 1970's
She knows the right things to say
She's got the right clothes to wear
'Cos she's a modern girl, oh yeah
- LyricsThe world owes me a living
I've waited on this dole queue too long
I've been standin' in the rain for fifteen minutes
That's a quarter of an hour too long.
I'll take all they can give me
- LyricsOn a night like this I deserve to get kissed at least once or twice
You come over to my place screaming blue murder, needing someplace to hide.
Well, I wish you'd keep quiet,
Imaginations run riot,
In these paper-thin walls.
- Banana Republic - (3:23) - 1,695 plays
- Diamond Smiles - (3:49) - 1,465 plays
- Like Clockwork - (3:43) - 1,409 plays
- Mary of the 4th Form - (3:52) - 903 plays
- I Don't Like Monday's - (3:47) - 1,045 plays