The Blues Brothers
349 Shouts - 6,781,339 Scrobbles
The Blues Brothers are an American blues band founded in 1978 by comedians Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi as part of a musical sketch on Saturday Night Live. Belushi and Aykroyd, respectively in character as lead vocalist "Joliet" Jake Blues and harpist/vocalist Elwood Blues, fronted the band, which was composed of well-known and respected musicians. The band made its debut as the musical guest on the April 22, 1978, episode of Saturday Night Live.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWe're so glad to see so many of you lovely people here tonight, and we,
would especially like to welcome all the representatives of Illinois'
law enforcement community, who have chosen to join us here at the
Palace Hotel Ballroom at this time. We sincerely hope that you all enjoy
the show and please remember people, that no matter who you are, and
- LyricsCome on, oh baby, don't you wanna go?
Come on, oh baby, don't you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home Chicago
Come on, baby, don't you wanna go?
- LyricsComin' to ya on a dusty road
Good lovin' I got a truck load
And when you get it, you got something
So don't worry 'cause I'm coming
I'm a soul man
- LyricsWarden threw a party in the county jail
Prisonband was there and they began to wail
The joint was jumping and the place began to swing
You should have heard those knocked out jailbirds sing
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock
- LyricsShe caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride
She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride
Now, my baby caught the Katy, left me a mule to ride
The train pulled out, I swung on behind
Crazy 'bout her, that hard headed woman of mine
- Minnie the Moocher - (3:11) - 3,891 plays
- Peter Gunn Theme - (3:46) - 3,864 plays
- Gimme Some Lovin' - (3:05) - 4,158 plays
- Theme from Rawhide - (2:37) - 3,264 plays
- Think - (3:19) - 2,436 plays