The Bitchwhores of Babylon
0 Shouts - 1,507 Scrobbles
The Bitchwhores of Babylon are a 3 piece based in Edinburgh. They consist of Bachmaninoff, Franco and Mr. Muscle.Read More...
Their debut album, 'More Foreplay, Vicar??', was released to the masses on the 21st of September 2004.
'More Foreplay, Vicar??' is a strange trip through the warped minds of its creators, taking in funk (Two Inches of Pink Pleasure), punk (A Right Handed Toast to the Queen), metal (Only a Fucking Necklace) and sheer noise (Rack Behind the Curtains) along the way. Lyrical themes include anti-catholicism, pink wafers, masturbation, an imaginary brothel, metallica and having sex with your best friends mother. The Bitchwhores like to augment their punk/metal sound with instruments such as 'bashed frying pan' and 'bontempi keyboard', a further expansion is expected on the new album.
In May 2006, The Bitchwhores of Babylon announced that the writing and recording of their new album had been delayed due to a combination of band illness and other circumstances. Two new songs were confirmed for the new album: CHEERS! and Some People Thought The Stone Roses Were Gods But They Never Meant Shite To Me. No mention of the release date was made.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Right Handed Toast to the Queen - 416 plays
- I Was Still Loading When It Fired - 422 plays
- Rack Behind The Curtains - 161 plays
- To Nirvana... And Beyond - 93 plays
- Twice!! - 201 plays
- I Left Something In Georgia - 44 plays
- An Ode To Franco Flemish - 42 plays
- Twice!! (Peter Nelson Session) - 21 plays
- Only A Fucking Necklace - 29 plays
- Chez's House Of Pain - 36 plays