The Belfast Gypsies
0 Shouts - 1,451 Scrobbles
The Belfast Gypsies were a direct spin-off of Them, featuring two members who had been in Them for differing spells in the mid-'60s: singer/organist/multi-instrumentalist Jackie McAuley and his brother, drummer Pat McAuley (sometimes also known as John McAuley). With a style very similar to early Them, the Gypsies hooked up with Kim Fowley on one of his London visits in mid-'66. Fowley produced most of the material that ended up on their sole LP (preceded by a couple of unsuccessful singles), which was issued in Scandinavia in August, 1967.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gloria's Dream - (2:13) - 30 plays
- Portland Town - (3:21) - 14 plays
- Aria Of The Fallen Angels - (3:50) - 16 plays
- Midnight Train - (3:31) - 14 plays
- The Last Will And Testament - (4:51) - 7 plays
- People, Let's Freak Out - (2:25) - 9 plays
- The Crazy World Inside Me - (3:03) - 8 plays
- Boom Boom - (2:27) - 4 plays
- The Gorilla - (1:47) - 6 plays
- Secret Police - (2:38) - 5 plays