The Beautiful Girls
166 Shouts - 3,058,342 Scrobbles
The Beautiful Girls are an Australian band from the New South Wales coast composed of Mat McHugh on vocals and guitar, Paulie B on bass and Bruce Braybrooke on drums. TBG have released four full length albums: Learn Yourself, We're Already Gone, Ziggurats and Spooks; as well as one EP, Morning Sun, TBG have an eclectic style of their own, with smatterings of rock, acoustic, reggae, pop and folk all through their music. Many people find elements of artists such as Ben Harper, Jack Johnson and The Police, but their most recent album Spooks has, among others, Bob Marley influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- La Mar - (3:56) - 9,540 plays
- LyricsThis day is getting older,
in fading light it's beautiful.
This wind is blowing colder,
and too soon I'll feel it's pull.
Still, I took all my chances,
- Dela - (3:42) - 4,366 plays
- LyricsWell i woke up last night, couldn't tell if i was dreaming.
I thought i saw the face of an angel and i heard her speaking to me.
She said my boy, don't fill up your head with trivial things.
Cos life's too beautiful for you to leave.
Just like periscopes up in the sky,
- LyricsHey girl i love you,
Dancing 'round like that will drive me crazy.
But why would i want you,
When it's plain you're not ever wanting me?
Well my whole life all i had was this guitar.
- I Thought About You - (3:11) - 3,875 plays
- Morning Sun - (4:52) - 4,036 plays
- Let's Take the Long Way Home - (3:02) - 2,846 plays
- Girl, Lately Things Have Been Changing - (3:57) - 2,928 plays
- Spanish Town - (2:46) - 2,564 plays