The Be Good Tanyas
103 Shouts - 2,911,421 Scrobbles
The Be Good Tanyas are an acoustic trio with folk and americana influences, hailing from Vancouver, British Columbia. They play a combination of original and traditional material, and are notable for their lush vocal harmonies. The group features Frazey Ford (guitar, vocals), Samantha Parton (guitar, mandolin, banjo, vocals) and Trish Klein (electric guitar, banjo, harmony vocals). Jolie Holland is a former member and also a frequent guest.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSometimes I don't know where
This stony road is taking me
Sometimes I don't know the reason why
So I guess I'll keep gambling
Lots of booze and lots of rambling
- LyricsDig if you will the picture
Of you and I engaged in a kiss
The sweat of your body covers me
Can you my darling, can you picture this?
Dream if you can a courtyard
- LyricsWell, I feel like an old hobo
I'm sad lonesome and blue
I was fair as a summer day
Now the summer days are through
You pass through places
- LyricsOh there is a house in New Orleans.
They call the Rising Sun.
It's been the ruin of many young poor girls
And God I know I'm one.
My mother, she was a tailor, yeah yeah
- In My Time of Dying - (3:46) - 3,141 plays
- For the Turnstiles - (4:26) - 2,061 plays
- Rain and Snow - (4:01) - 1,976 plays
- In Spite of All the Damage - (3:59) - 2,032 plays
- Light Enough to Travel - (5:01) - 1,906 plays
- Only in the Past - (4:58) - 1,804 plays