36 Shouts - 1,037,903 Scrobbles
The Bar-Kays were a popular Memphis, Tennessee, soul, R&B, and funk group performing from 1966 that continues in some form to perform today, although with only one original member. They began as a favorite soul studio sessions group backing major artists at Stax Records, chosen in 1967 by Otis Redding to play as his touring backup band. On December 10, 1967, Redding, his manager, and band members Jimmy King (b.1949; guitar), Ronnie Caldwell (b. 1948; organ), Phalon Jones (b. 1949; saxophone), and Carl Cunningham (b.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Soul Finger - (2:19) - 10,597 plays
- LyricsDon't stop dancing to the music
Just let the music make you high
We've got rhythm, you can use it
Don't let this feeling pass you by, by, by
Don't fight the feeling in your soul
- LyricsYour love, it's got the Holy Ghost
A-shakin' in my bones
I never felt such a feelin'
In all the days I been round, yeah
Whenever I feel the pressure
- Too Hot To Stop (Part 1) - (5:38) - 1,718 plays
- Too Hot To Stop (Pt. 1) - Single Version - (3:54) - 1,701 plays
- Son of Shaft - (3:24) - 1,285 plays
- Move Your Boogie Body - (6:16) - 981 plays
- Freakshow On The Dance Floor - (6:30) - 1,090 plays
- Too Hot To Stop - Pt. 1 / Single Version - (3:54) - 830 plays
- Too Hot To Stop - (3:29) - 1,246 plays