36 Shouts - 1,019,674 Scrobbles
The Bar-Kays were a popular Memphis, Tennessee, soul, R&B, and funk group performing from 1966 that continues in some form to perform today, although with only one original member. They began as a favorite soul studio sessions group backing major artists at Stax Records, chosen in 1967 by Otis Redding to play as his touring backup band. On December 10, 1967, Redding, his manager, and band members Jimmy King (b.1949; guitar), Ronnie Caldwell (b. 1948; organ), Phalon Jones (b. 1949; saxophone), and Carl Cunningham (b.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Soul Finger - (2:19) - 9,048 plays
- Shake Your Rump to the Funk - (3:29) - 2,887 plays
- Holy Ghost - (8:30) - 2,609 plays
- Too Hot To Stop (Pt. 1) - Single Version - (3:54) - 2,404 plays
- Son of Shaft - (3:24) - 1,414 plays
- Move Your Boogie Body - (6:16) - 1,226 plays
- Too Hot To Stop - (6:25) - 1,426 plays
- Humpin' - (2:44) - 879 plays
- Too Hot To Stop (Part 1) - (5:38) - 775 plays
- Freakshow On The Dance Floor - (6:30) - 898 plays