36 Shouts - 1,054,298 Scrobbles
The Bar-Kays were a popular Memphis, Tennessee, soul, R&B, and funk group performing from 1966 that continues in some form to perform today, although with only one original member. They began as a favorite soul studio sessions group backing major artists at Stax Records, chosen in 1967 by Otis Redding to play as his touring backup band. On December 10, 1967, Redding, his manager, and band members Jimmy King (b.1949; guitar), Ronnie Caldwell (b. 1948; organ), Phalon Jones (b. 1949; saxophone), and Carl Cunningham (b.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Soul Finger - (2:19) - 11,717 plays
- LyricsDon't stop dancing to the music
Just let the music make you high
We've got rhythm, you can use it
Don't let this feeling pass you by, by, by
Don't fight the feeling in your soul
- LyricsYour love, it's got the Holy Ghost
A-shakin' in my bones
I never felt such a feelin'
In all the days I been round, yeah
Whenever I feel the pressure
- Too Hot To Stop (Part 1) - (5:38) - 1,887 plays
- Too Hot To Stop - Pt. 1 / Single Version - (3:54) - 1,680 plays
- Son of Shaft - (3:24) - 1,171 plays
- Too Hot To Stop (Pt. 1) - Single Version - (3:54) - 1,185 plays
- Move Your Boogie Body - (6:16) - 972 plays
- Freakshow On The Dance Floor - (6:30) - 1,093 plays
- Soul Finger - 2006 Remastered - (2:21) - 895 plays