The Band of Heathens
0 Shouts - 224,487 Scrobbles
The Band of Heathens are an Americana band from Austin, Texas.Read More...
The three principal songwriters - Colin Brooks, Ed Jurdi and Gordy Quist - shared the bill at Momo's, an Austin club. Originally, each singer/songwriter performed his own set. However, they eventually started sharing the stage, and collaborating together with bassist Seth Whitney. The Wednesday night series was billed as "The Good Time Supper Club". A misprint in a local paper billed the act as "The Heathens." In 2007, drummer John Chipman joined the band.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMama got a voice like sugar so sweet and fine
Sister singing Amazing Grace, right in time
They're laying poor papa low, in the ground that he worked and sowed
They waitin' at the Jackson Station for the train to roll
She been up all night, she got crows walking round her eyes
- L.A. County Blues - 12,817 plays
- Golden Calf - 9,266 plays
- LyricsOh me, oh my, oh, won't you look at Miss Ohio?
She's running around with her rag-top down
She says she wants to do right, just not right now
Gonna drive to Atlanta and live out this fantasy
Running around with the rag-top down
- Don't Call On Me - 6,890 plays
- Cornbread - 6,102 plays
- Say - 5,911 plays
- What's This World - 6,204 plays
- You're Gonna Miss Me - 6,113 plays
- Medicine Man - 5,691 plays