The Band of Heathens
15 Shouts - 210,116 Scrobbles
The Band of Heathens are an Americana band from Austin, Texas. The three principal songwriters - Colin Brooks, Ed Jurdi and Gordy Quist - shared the bill at Momo's, an Austin club. Originally, each singer/songwriter performed his own set. However, they eventually started sharing the stage, and collaborating together with bassist Seth Whitney. The Wednesday night series was billed as "The Good Time Supper Club". A misprint in a local paper billed the act as "The Heathens." In 2007, drummer John Chipman joined the band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMama got a voice like sugar so sweet and fine
Sister singing Amazing Grace, right in time
They're laying poor papa low, in the ground that he worked and sowed
They waitin' at the Jackson Station for the train to roll
She been up all night, she got crows walking round her eyes
- Shotgun - (4:42) - 621 plays
- LyricsOh me, oh my, oh, won't you look at Miss Ohio?
She's running around with her rag-top down
She says she wants to do right, just not right now
Gonna drive to Atlanta and live out this fantasy
Running around with the rag-top down
- Hurricane - (5:21) - 476 plays
- Miss My Life - (3:14) - 424 plays
- Medicine Man - (4:14) - 334 plays
- L.A. County Blues - (4:32) - 346 plays
- Caroline Williams - (4:41) - 324 plays
- Golden Calf - (3:01) - 355 plays
- Don't Call On Me - (5:14) - 226 plays