The B15 Project
0 Shouts - 4,166 Scrobbles
The B-15 Project, comprises of dance impresarios Angus Campbell and Ian Wallman, taking their name from the postcode of their first studio (with more than a cheeky nod to the Walthamstow pop act E17). Both Birmingham born and breed, they quietly developed a unique blend of cool cutting edge club music and pop sensibilities. ! !Read More...
Combining the classic dance production model, Angus is a third generation musician with an incredible musical family heritage (Folk legend Ian Campbell, Ali Campbell - UB40), whilst Ian’s background saw him come from a commercial radio (Choice FM) and Club DJ background, the combination resulted in both impeccable musicality balanced with a cutting edge understanding of the contemporary music scene.! !
Initial underground success came in 1998 with the local Speed Garage anthem “Western End” featuring raga superstar, Mr Vegas, with it’s stupidly catchy “Mash it up the Birmingham Krew” tag line, it is still devastating dance floors over a decade and a half from release. Two years later saw the release of “Girls Like Us” feat Crissy D & Lady G, again using authentic Jamaican dancehall lead vocals, achieving number seven in the UK charts, an Ivor Novello nomination, but also defined the UK Garage tidal wave that swept through Europe in 2000, capturing the unique sound of the UK underground scene with a credible radio friendly aesthetic.! !
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Girls like us - 1,339 plays
- Girls Like Us (feat. Crissy D & Lady G) - 828 plays
- Girls Like Us (Feat. Crissy D And Lady G) - 482 plays
- Girls Like Us (Original Mix) - 260 plays
- Girls Like Us (Radio Edit) - 97 plays
- Girls Like Us (feat Crissy D) - 53 plays
- Girls Like Us (feat. Chrissy D & Lady G) - 218 plays
- Girls Like Us (feat. Chrissie D & Lady G) - 100 plays
- Girls Like Us (feat Crissy D & Lady G) - 68 plays
- Girls Like Us (Ft. Crissy D & Lady G) - 67 plays