The Axis of Perdition
0 Shouts - 279,759 Scrobbles
Formed in Middlesbrough, UK formed in 2001 and disbanded in July 2013.Read More...
The Axis of Perdition's output comprises black metal experimentation with industrial music and dark ambient textures. The Axis of Perdition's debut album decreed that "Axis of Perdition plays something there isn't words for yet (exclusively)".
Their sound is primarily based on distorted guitars, with black metal vocals, programmed drums, and discordant sound effects including screams and static. The black metal aspects of the music are digitally distorted, interspersed with atmospheric soundscapes formed by synthesizers and field recordings. The Axis of Perdition's tracks tend to feature shifting free-form arrangements that lack a typical verse-chorus structure and tend toward lengthiness (one such track, from Deleted Scenes from the Transition Hospital, is over twelve minutes long).
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Elevator Beneath the Valve - 14,433 plays
- Deleted Scenes I: In the Hallway of Crawling Filth - 15,104 plays
- Isolation Cubicle 312 - 12,945 plays
- Pendulum Prey (Second Incarceration) - 13,498 plays
- Entangled in Mannequin Limbs - 12,816 plays
- This, Then, Is Paradise? - 12,517 plays
- One Day You Will Understand Why - 11,959 plays
- A Ruined Nation Awakens - 12,893 plays
- Deleted Scenes II: In the Gauze-Womb of the God Becoming - 9,679 plays
- To Walk the Corridors of Hell - 12,206 plays