591 Shouts - 12,001,055 Scrobbles
The Ataris are a punk rock band from Anderson, Indiana formed in 1995. The band originally consisted of singer/songwriter/guitarist Kris Roe and guitarist Jasin Thomason. Using a 4-Track, they wrote and recorded demos in Kris's bedroom, with a drum machine as the drummer. At this point in time the band was searching for a full-time drummer. The first step in their road to success came when Kris attended a The Vandals concert at Bogart's in Cincinnati, where he passed one of the demo tapes to The Vandals' roadie Fitz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsNobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach
Empty lake, empty streets
- Lyricshere in this diary
i write you visions of my summer
it was the best i ever had
there were chorus's and sing alongs
and that is spoken feeling
- LyricsIt was the first snow of the season,
I can almost see you breathing
In the middle of that empty street
Sometimes i still see myself
In that lonesome bedroom
- LyricsLast night I had a dream that we went to Disneyland,
Went on all the rides, didn't have to wait in line.
I drove you to your house where we stared up at the stars
I listened to your heartbeat as I held you in my arms.
We hung out at the rainbow where we drank til' half past two.
- LyricsOnly two more days until your birthday
Yesterday was mine
You'll be turning five, I know what it's like
Growing up without your father in your life
So I pretend, I'm doing all I can
- Takeoffs and Landings - (3:52) - 7,569 plays
- My Reply - (4:12) - 6,655 plays
- Unopened Letter to the World - (2:39) - 6,788 plays
- Eight of Nine - (3:24) - 5,928 plays
- I Won't Spend Another Night Alone - (3:46) - 6,423 plays