125 Shouts - 763,310 Scrobbles
Associates were a post-punk/new wave band which formed in 1977 in Dundee, Scotland. They initially consisted of Billy MacKenzie (vocals), Alan Rankine (guitar, keyboards) and later, Michael Dempsey (bass), formerly of The Cure. After Rankine and Dempsey's departures in 1982, the band featured a fluctuating lineup revolving around MacKenzie. Their best known single is 1982's "Party Fears Two". The band split in 1990, but Billy and Alan reunited briefly in 1993. They did not play any more concerts but made some recordings which were released on the double CD "Double Hipness".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Party Fears Two - (5:12) - 2,934 plays
- Club Country - (4:48) - 1,465 plays
- White Car In Germany - (5:30) - 560 plays
- Gloomy Sunday - (4:12) - 450 plays
- Arrogance Gave Him Up - (3:02) - 384 plays
- Love Hangover - (6:09) - 612 plays
- No - (5:51) - 417 plays
- It's Better This Way - (3:30) - 504 plays
- Skipping - (4:03) - 494 plays
- Party Fears Two - Pavilion Glasgow 11/03/1985 - (4:48) - 346 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online