128 Shouts - 778,614 Scrobbles
Associates were a post-punk/new wave band which formed in 1977 in Dundee, Scotland. They initially consisted of Billy MacKenzie (vocals), Alan Rankine (guitar, keyboards) and later, Michael Dempsey (bass), formerly of The Cure. After Rankine and Dempsey's departures in 1982, the band featured a fluctuating lineup revolving around MacKenzie. Their best known single is 1982's "Party Fears Two". The band split in 1990, but Billy and Alan reunited briefly in 1993. They did not play any more concerts but made some recordings which were released on the double CD "Double Hipness".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Party Fears Two - (5:12) - 2,184 plays
- Club Country - (4:48) - 1,083 plays
- Gloomy Sunday - (4:12) - 539 plays
- Arrogance Gave Him Up - (3:02) - 414 plays
- No - (5:51) - 468 plays
- Skipping - (4:03) - 478 plays
- White Car In Germany - (5:30) - 509 plays
- Waiting for the Loveboat - (6:54) - 397 plays
- Love Hangover - (6:09) - 552 plays
- It's Better This Way - (3:30) - 439 plays