126 Shouts - 774,955 Scrobbles
Associates were a post-punk/new wave band which formed in 1977 in Dundee, Scotland. They initially consisted of Billy MacKenzie (vocals), Alan Rankine (guitar, keyboards) and later, Michael Dempsey (bass), formerly of The Cure. After Rankine and Dempsey's departures in 1982, the band featured a fluctuating lineup revolving around MacKenzie. Their best known single is 1982's "Party Fears Two". The band split in 1990, but Billy and Alan reunited briefly in 1993. They did not play any more concerts but made some recordings which were released on the double CD "Double Hipness".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Party Fears Two - (5:12) - 2,997 plays
- Club Country - (4:48) - 1,612 plays
- Gloomy Sunday - (4:12) - 510 plays
- Arrogance Gave Him Up - (3:02) - 379 plays
- White Car In Germany - (5:30) - 506 plays
- No - (5:51) - 425 plays
- Love Hangover - (6:09) - 672 plays
- Waiting for the Loveboat - (6:54) - 441 plays
- Skipping - (4:03) - 487 plays
- It's Better This Way - (3:30) - 470 plays