126 Shouts - 768,532 Scrobbles
Associates were a post-punk/new wave band which formed in 1977 in Dundee, Scotland. They initially consisted of Billy MacKenzie (vocals), Alan Rankine (guitar, keyboards) and later, Michael Dempsey (bass), formerly of The Cure. After Rankine and Dempsey's departures in 1982, the band featured a fluctuating lineup revolving around MacKenzie. Their best known single is 1982's "Party Fears Two". The band split in 1990, but Billy and Alan reunited briefly in 1993. They did not play any more concerts but made some recordings which were released on the double CD "Double Hipness".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Party Fears Two - (5:12) - 3,019 plays
- Club Country - (4:48) - 1,637 plays
- Gloomy Sunday - (4:12) - 486 plays
- Waiting for the Loveboat - (6:54) - 528 plays
- Arrogance Gave Him Up - (3:02) - 354 plays
- White Car In Germany - (5:30) - 517 plays
- Love Hangover - (6:09) - 658 plays
- No - (5:51) - 410 plays
- Skipping - (4:03) - 488 plays
- It's Better This Way - (3:30) - 476 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online